Can't stop listening to this song.
The music will start about a minute into the video. Sorry. It was the least cheesy of all the videos available on YouTube.
Monday, October 26, 2009
I think its time for some picture candy. Our good friend, Jacob Goodlin and his wonderful wife, Noelle came to visit us in April or March...I don't even remember when. They are about to head out to Cambodia to live...for a while...indefinitely....check out their website for more info on what they'll be doing. Believe me, you want to know them. They are super fun people, living with purpose. * Jacob was our team leader on the missions trip to Morocco, where Cameron and I met and fell in love :)* Jacob is also an amazing photographer (and Noelle, the master design director). Check out his work here. Needless to say, we coerced them into taking some pictures of our little family as we traipsed all over Seattle with them. My little heart couldn't be happier to share them with you.
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Hi friends. My name is Marelize. You might not remember me. I haven't written in a while. Why? My husband was in a very sandy, warm place and for safety reasons, I didn't want to have it all over the Internet that he was gone. But alas, he is back now.
Let me remind you of who I am. I have blond hair (as of right now). I like Damien Rice, Lady Antebellum and the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs. I bake to relax. I have a really cute and amazingly brilliant husband. We had a super funny, smart, beautiful little girl together. Her name is Malone. She is almost 2! I like to read. Currently, I'm smack dab in the middle of Jane Eyre (don't spoil the end for me, please!) I like to do laundry. My husband and I are nerds. We like to watch documentaries. I hate refried beans. Oh, and I love Jesus.
Remember me now? Maybe you could remind me who you are.
So here's an accounting of what we've been up to for the last almost 6 months:
- Malone and I have travelled almost 10,000 miles
- I have made 16 trips to the airport
- I was husband-less for 96 days
- I got pregnant with a little boy due Feb. 2, 2010
- Went to the beach
- Got a throw-up bug so bad I had to go to the ER
- Malone is talking like crazy. Her new favorite term is "Oh, NO!" and "I poo!"
- During Cameron's first week gone, Malone had a sinus and ear infection. The best week ever!
- Saw my bff, Sarabeth twice (she lives in Denver)
- Squeezed into a cute black non-maternity dress for a wedding when I was 5 months pregnant.
- Saw my belly grow much quicker than before
- Drawn a billion pictures with Malone
- Felt the kicks and somersaults of a little boy inside my belly.
- Fell more in love with my husband
- Fell more in love with my baby girl, Malone
- Started a bible study with some girls from Cameron's squadron
- Got my first flu shot EVER!
And I think that catches you up to date pretty well. You?