Hi friends. My name is Marelize. You might not remember me. I haven't written in a while. Why? My husband was in a very sandy, warm place and for safety reasons, I didn't want to have it all over the Internet that he was gone. But alas, he is back now.
Let me remind you of who I am. I have blond hair (as of right now). I like Damien Rice, Lady Antebellum and the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs. I bake to relax. I have a really cute and amazingly brilliant husband. We had a super funny, smart, beautiful little girl together. Her name is Malone. She is almost 2! I like to read. Currently, I'm smack dab in the middle of Jane Eyre (don't spoil the end for me, please!) I like to do laundry. My husband and I are nerds. We like to watch documentaries. I hate refried beans. Oh, and I love Jesus.
Remember me now? Maybe you could remind me who you are.
So here's an accounting of what we've been up to for the last almost 6 months:
- Malone and I have travelled almost 10,000 miles
- I have made 16 trips to the airport
- I was husband-less for 96 days
- I got pregnant with a little boy due Feb. 2, 2010
- Went to the beach
- Got a throw-up bug so bad I had to go to the ER
- Malone is talking like crazy. Her new favorite term is "Oh, NO!" and "I poo!"
- During Cameron's first week gone, Malone had a sinus and ear infection. The best week ever!
- Saw my bff, Sarabeth twice (she lives in Denver)
- Squeezed into a cute black non-maternity dress for a wedding when I was 5 months pregnant.
- Saw my belly grow much quicker than before
- Drawn a billion pictures with Malone
- Felt the kicks and somersaults of a little boy inside my belly.
- Fell more in love with my husband
- Fell more in love with my baby girl, Malone
- Started a bible study with some girls from Cameron's squadron
- Got my first flu shot EVER!
And I think that catches you up to date pretty well. You?