Saturday, October 24, 2009

And hello 6 months later!


Hi friends. My name is Marelize. You might not remember me. I haven't written in a while. Why? My husband was in a very sandy, warm place and for safety reasons, I didn't want to have it all over the Internet that he was gone. But alas, he is back now.

Let me remind you of who I am. I have blond hair (as of right now). I like Damien Rice, Lady Antebellum and the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs. I bake to relax. I have a really cute and amazingly brilliant husband. We had a super funny, smart, beautiful little girl together. Her name is Malone. She is almost 2! I like to read. Currently, I'm smack dab in the middle of Jane Eyre (don't spoil the end for me, please!) I like to do laundry. My husband and I are nerds. We like to watch documentaries. I hate refried beans. Oh, and I love Jesus.

Remember me now? Maybe you could remind me who you are.

So here's an accounting of what we've been up to for the last almost 6 months:

- Malone and I have travelled almost 10,000 miles
- I have made 16 trips to the airport
- I was husband-less for 96 days
- I got pregnant with a little boy due Feb. 2, 2010
- Went to the beach
- Got a throw-up bug so bad I had to go to the ER
- Malone is talking like crazy. Her new favorite term is "Oh, NO!" and "I poo!"
- During Cameron's first week gone, Malone had a sinus and ear infection. The best week ever!
- Saw my bff, Sarabeth twice (she lives in Denver)
- Squeezed into a cute black non-maternity dress for a wedding when I was 5 months pregnant.
- Saw my belly grow much quicker than before
- Drawn a billion pictures with Malone
- Felt the kicks and somersaults of a little boy inside my belly.
- Fell more in love with my husband
- Fell more in love with my baby girl, Malone
- Started a bible study with some girls from Cameron's squadron
- Got my first flu shot EVER!

And I think that catches you up to date pretty well. You?



4 comments:

Becca said...

oohhh... you're officially added to my blog list!

Sara Joy Martin said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're back! I checked your blog just the other day to see if you had updated it. Love love the pictures of you and Lolo. So sweet and cute. Hi to Cameron! We miss you guys...

Jill Meseke said...

I'm glad you're back as well! We miss you friends! I would love for us to someday all get together again for a visit.

Taryn Gray said...

welcome back, seriously.