Friday, May 29, 2009

Girls Night

Sometimes mamas need a full 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Sometimes mamas need some good quality girl time. Sometimes mamas need some shopping time. And I got all that and more with my friends, Stephanie and Melanie not too long ago. It was the first time that all three of us left our kids with our husbands for a whole night. Yes, my friends, we left the kiddos with their awesome and gracious daddies and we were on I-5 headed to Seattle faster than you can say, "Freedom".
Oh, it was bliss. We drove up to Seattle, ate at PF Chang's (in peace), enjoyed wonderful conversation, got some cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory to go, checked into our hotel, attempted to go swimming (who would have thought there would be so many people in the pool at 10pm?) and talked until the late, late hours of the night. Eight hours of uninterrupted sleep later, we got ready to go shopping in downtown Seattle.

Although we all love our kids dearly, it was so good just to get a little break, getting recharged. The day ended with lunch in heaven...ummm....I mean, Chipotle and a sad drive home.

To Melanie & Stephanie, thank you for an awesome weekend/night. It was truly amazing! You are the greatest mama friends a girl could ask for!! And ps: thanks for letting me steal you pics.

I returned home to a little Malolo and her daddy, anxiously awaiting my arrival. Everything went fine. Malone even slept through the night for Cameron. This isn't a huge deal, except for the fact that I was hoping that she would show him a little of what a "hard" day without him is like. BUT apparently, she had mercy on her wonderful daddy and I am so grateful that he gave me this tiny night of freedom.

Back to reality and what a wonderful reality it is.

1 comment:

The Willis Wonder Years said...

That was the best weekend ever! K, can you hurry up and get home now. I MISS YOU (and that little Malulu)!!!