We love the Pacific Northwest. We love the friends we've made here. We even (GASP) like the weather. But we do not love Cameron's schedule. Last year, he was gone over 2oo days. That means he was gone more than he was home. With the arrival of Judah, both Cameron and I started praying for something different for our family. Alas, an opportunity became available and I'm excited to say that we will be moving to Las Vegas sometime this fall/winter/spring (yeah, you like that Air Force timeline?) Cameron will have a new job that will allow him to sleep in our bed, at our house, even if its at strange hours. We are sooooo relieved and excited.
So we took a week at the beginning of August to go to Vegas, survey the area and maybe even find a house. Here's the discoveries of our trip in order of how they happened:
1) Flying with 2 kids and a mom AND A DAD, is great.
2) In-n-Out- Ahhhh, delicious animal-style cheeseburger and the best milkshake I've ever
Here's Malone before:
Here's Malone after.
3. Judah was not impressed by the Strip or the beautiful houses we saw
4. It is hot! A pool is a must. Luckily for us, we found a neighborhood that we
love with a community pool nearby. Here we are at the pool at the hotel.
And glamorous Malone is ready for her new life by the pool. "Mom, where's my virgin margarita?!"
5. Vegas' housing market has crashed in an unbelievable way. But, we found a house. Its a long story, and for now we're just waiting.
6. Vegas has some of the best restaurants. To celebrate a successful trip, we went to Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill. Lovely. Delicious. Amazing. Favorite. Delectable. Wonderful.
7. Although being separated this much is difficult, it has also allowed for some beautiful growth in our family, in every way. But I can't lie, this trip highlighted for me how much I love spending time together. My family is so beautiful and they bring life to my soul.
So for now, we just wait. Wanna come visit Las Vegas?