Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Christmas: Part 1

Once upon a time there was a little family. They had the misfortune (for numerous reasons) of spending Christmas apart. Luckily, with the help of family and friends Christmas was still quite lovely and enjoyable. However, the little family still missed one another terribly.

Here lies the chronicles of one side of the little family and their Christmas adventures in numerous parts.

Part 1:

Malone and I went to my family's for Christmas. Cameron left on a trip the week before and got back the day after we left. :( Both Malone and I were super excited to see my family and spend some good, quality time with them. They're pretty great. Plus, my grandma from South Africa was there and we were so jazzed (*jazz hands*) for Malone and Ouma to meet. We left the morning of the now infamous Washington Winter Storm 2008...just in time, I hear. The flights were fine, LONG, but fine and we arrived in Alabama along with the awesome 70 degree weather. Malone immediately fell in love with the family, especially Auntie Christelly.

My beautiful little sissy, Christelle, brace-free for the
first time!!
We went to the Christmas Eve service at Church of the Highlands in Birmingham. I did an internship there many years ago and was able to see some friends briefly. Malone enjoyed the service especially the music. When it started, she got so excited and raised her hands in what I'm convinced was utter worship.

Here she is in her Christmas outfit. SO CUTE!!!!

Malone and I on Christmas eve.

Our family has a tradition of opening one gift on Christmas eve and the rest on Christmas morning. It was the first time that she has ever opened a present. It was awesome!

What is it? What is it? The tension is building...
BATH TOYS!!

No comments: