Monday, November 16, 2009

Weekly Update

So I don't really do a weekly update, but thought I would today. Pretend that I'm a creature of habit and I have a neat little weekly update waiting for you, Monday morning in your _____ (blog reader, email, or just here). Here's your faithful little update:

- This last week Cameron ended up coming home earlier from a trip than expected. I love it when that happens. It doesn't happen too often, but its like a little present when it does.

- Wednesday we went to the Museum of Flight in Seattle with our friends, the Marminos. Because it was Veteran's day, we got in for free. Yay! It was interesting, with lots of info on space travel, Amelia Earhart, WW2 flying, and even the old Air Force One used by presidents like Kennedy and Nixon. I think the Air Force One was my favorite. Smaller than I would have imagined, but I have heard that the current one is much larger and I'm sure much nicer. There was also an old Concorde. Again, much smaller than I would imagine, but I guess when you're only in it for a 3 hour trans- Atlantic flight, space is not a necessity.

- After the Museum of Flight we went to Applebees who was offering a free meal to all military members. Under normal circumstances, I am not a huge Applebees fan, but since it was free, and they were super busy (ensured our food would be semi-fresh and hot, at least), I went along for the ride. Because of a wonderful experience between me and some boneless buffalo wings and a salad, Applebees might just have redeemed themselves in my eyes. Maybe..."then you go and TOTALLY redeem yourself" (10 points to name that movie)


- My family is coming this weekend and staying through Thanksgiving. Yay! I love holidays with my family.


- I'm starting to think through my Thanksgiving menu. In our household, Thanksgiving is always a mix between traditional American food (a turkey, of course, sweet potatoes, stuffing) and traditional South African favorites (roasted potatoes, potato & green bean mash.) I generally don't make cranberry jelly (ugh! or should I say, "open the can of cranberry jelly"...yuck) or pumpkin pie (if you want it, you'll have to bring it).


- Malone cracks me up. She is soo funny right now. Today, she ran up to me while I was cleaning the kitchen and said that it was time to dance. I thought I was just hearing her wrong. She kept on saying it and then she would do a little jig. I thought I was going to die, it was so darn cute!


- Oh, and she has an aversion to changing her diaper right now. Unless of course, she has on her cool, handy dandy, Diaper Changing Hat. Oh yes, my friends, parental creativity at its best.


- My wonderful husband got me some massages for my birthday. I can't wait to use them. Hot stone massage, here I come!


- I'm ordering my 3 1/2 qt. Le Creuset dutch oven tomorrow. It is my birthday gift from Cameron's and my families. Should I go with the red or the kiwi?













- It has been raining here for at least the last 2 years. Will it ever end? I'm not even exaggerating...ok...maybe a little, but seriously, will I ever be reacquainted with my friend, the sun?


That's it for now. I am dying to finish the last 20 pages of Jane Eyre, so I better run.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, i love that you insert obscure dumb and dumber references in your post. what on earth will i redeem my 10 points for? :)

Marelize said...

@Saradarling: Once you have acquired 100 points, you can redeem your points for an old Samsonite suitcase. Ha ha.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.