Saturday, January 9, 2010
The new Malone
With the impending arrival of baby boy, I have not updated you very much on Malone lately. Rest assured, we are spending lots of time with her, enjoying her new maturity every day. Isn't she beautiful?Here's a couple new things that Malone does lately:
- She started calling us "Mommy" and "Daddy" and uses them constantly.
- She retells stories, using words, sounds and faces. For example, while we were in Wyoming we went to someone's house who had a big dog. The dog barked at Malone, made her a little nervous and she cried. The story according to Malone goes like this: "Doggy (showing how big he was), Woof-Woof, (sad, crying face) Waaahh, waah, Mamma, Mamma (stretching out her arms to me)." Umm...it is the funniest thing EVER!
- She is especially attached to mommy lately. I think she knows her life is about to change drastically.
- When I ask her questions she'll respond, "Yes, please". It makes me want to give her anything her little heart desires.
- She can play for hours with her babies, monkey, and cat. She feeds them, takes them on walks, puts them to sleep, I've even heard her disciplining them. She's a real mama.
- She is a random hugger.
- She loves to jump and dance.
- She can sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" with us.
Here's a couple of pictures I took of her a few weeks ago. The pictures are in order of how they happened. She wanted to play with the camera and take her own pictures
She was upset that I wouldn't give it to her.
This is "Monkey". He came to our rescue this day.
All of a sudden, she was a little model.
Ugghhh, sometimes she's so darn cute that I can't even stand it.