Monday, January 4, 2010

This week's goals

Happy New Year!! Cameron, Malone and I brought in the New Year like the part-ay animals we all know we are...asleep by 10pm. We just like to think that we are saving up all our party energy for years to come.

I know it is traditional to reflect on the past year, evaluate personal goals and set new ones for the year to come. Actually, this is a family tradition of mine that stretches back to what I'm sure was the beginning of my life. But since I'm not sure what the next month will hold, never mind the year, I will start with weekly goals. Some might call them "to-do" lists, but I want to jump on the New Year's bandwagon too and call them goals. So here we go, in no particular order:

1) Pack my hospital bag- Unpreparedness makes me nervous. Plus, who wants to try to remember socks and extra toothpaste when you're in labor? Not me, that's who.

2) Clean every room in my house, from top to bottom- All of a sudden last night, it was like a veil was lifted from my eyes. The scales of cleanliness fell off of them, and I realized there were greasy fingerprints all over the oven, little splatters of something in the microwave, some sort of weird dirt collection on the inside of the dishwasher door and little bits of food in the cracks between the counter and the stove. And that was only in the kitchen. Nesting much?

3) Spend some good, quality, play time with Malone- She's kinda fun like that, so it doesn't take much extra effort.

4) Grocery shop- Not really that exciting of a goal, but a necessary one nonetheless.

5) Research some organic/grass fed/real free range, meat options- More to come on this later, but one of our big family goals this year is to ensure that we are being responsible with what we put in our bodies, not only for the effects it has on us but also system wide. I'm not really a natural hippie kind of person, but some things are hard to ignore. But like I said, more to come on this subject at a later time.

6) Plan Malone's birthday party- Her birthday is in 2 weeks and since baby will be coming shortly after her birthday (can I hope for before her birthday?) I want to make sure to really make her birthday special for her. So this week, I need to think through all that....invites, presents, decorations, theme (?). I'll keep you updated.

7) Spend some good time doing this week's bible study- Have I told you about the fabulous bible study I'm a part of? Its a bunch of girls from Cameron's squadron (and a few not), and we're doing a Beth Moore study on the Tabernacle. Its been soooo good. And I always find that when I really spend the time doing the homework, meditating on it, that I get so much out of it.

8) Get last minute items for baby- I'm kind of excited to go to Target (which I love and have a gift card for) and buy some of the little last minute things we still need. On my list: some blankets, hats, Boppy cover, and pacifiers. Easy, eh?

9) If Cameron is here, have a baby. If Cameron is not here, do not have a baby. Ok, scratch that. Actively work on being patient in waiting for the most healthy time to have the baby - Blah, blah, blah. This might be the hardest of them all.

Well there you go. I know you all are just brimming with excitement over my weekly to-do...ahem....goals. I'll give you an update next week on what I actually accomplished.

No comments: