Monday, November 5, 2007

My Favorite Things---Aahhhh !!!!!! (read: Crying and Screaming)



Yesterday, I saw a commercial for Oprah's upcoming "Favorite Things" Christmas show. Although I love seeing what Oprah deems worthy of the "Favorite" title, I can't stand the screaming, crying masses women in the audience. How do they all maintain that level of surprise and excitement through the whole show? Don't they get tired? Oh, wait....they are getting all that new, expensive, "favorite" stuff for the enormous price of $0--absolutely FREE! Plus, Oprah does this annoying yell when she announces every item. Oh, my friends, I'm sure you can hear her now. Its just all a little much for me.

So here I embark on a series of blogs entitled, "My Favorite Things....AHHHH!!". This list is sure to rival that of Oprah, except that most of you will actually be able to enjoy some of my favorite things. Oh and its in no specific order. Without further adieu,

My Favorite Things....AHHHH #1:



1. Starbucks. Cameron and I luuuuv Starbucks. We call it our faithful friend. Why? Although there's nothing quite as satisfying as an Upside-down Caramel Macchiato, we love Starbucks for more than the sweet coffee mixers they make. Somehow the atmosphere always makes me think of Christmastime, warm and cozy. They're always playing the best coffee house music, just loud enough to make you wonder who it is, but not loud enough to break conversation. The service is always good and the employees always happy. I have never met a Starbucks employee that hates their job. Maybe it has to do with the fact that they get awesome benefits (coffee, insurance and more!) and they get to be part of making my life better.

But most of all, we love that no matter what town we are in, we can walk into a Starbucks and have the comfort of home. When we are depressed about having nothing to do in the town we're in or feeling lonely with no friends, we know that Starbucks will be the faithful reminder of what we once had and what is still possible for us to have. Starbucks is reminiscent of the outside world, where there's cool music, smart people and intelligent conversation. It is our ever faithful friend.

Here's a few random facts about Starbucks:

- My favorite drink at Starbucks is a Upside- down Caramel Macchiato. Although, my friend Micky recently introduced me to the Peppermint White Mocha. It tastes just like a Andes Mint Chocolate! But for me, the Caramel Macchiato is where it is at.

- Starbucks was named after the first mate in the novel Moby Dick

- During the 1990's and into the 2000's, a new Starbucks store opened up every single work day domestically

- By November 2005, there were more Starbucks stores in London than Manhattan

- A Grande Caramel Macchiato has 270 calories. That means all I have to do is drink one of these puppies and I will fulfill my extra 300 calories to completely sustain the growth of my unborn child. Is that not crazy??




Here's my friends, Yami and Jill. We had a coffee date at STARBUCKS yesterday. It was fun.



Here is Ephrem and I. He didn't really want to take a picture with me. So we bought him some cookies and he was ok to take a picture. Don't I look weird in this picture?

No comments: