Cameron has started cooking. Just in time for me to have a baby and have no interest/time for things like cooking.
A few things you should know about Cameron's cooking:
1. He doesn't start with beginner dishes like scrambled eggs or spaghetti. He starts with Braised Chicken with Sausage and Peppers where he cuts up a whole chicken...I've never even done that. Or this....Yes, my friends that is Prime Rib
2. He uses tools like a blow torch.
3. He is KILLING my grocery budget. If his recipe asks for Fleur de Sal, a fairly gourmet, hard to find, French sea salt, that is what we have to use. Table salt will not do. My full belly tells me not to question him, my wallet says otherwise.
4. He cleans as he goes and leaves the kitchen nice and clean. I'm not sure what else to say about this. He's a dream.
5. He looks really good in the kitchen.
When my in-laws (hi Jay & Claire!!) were here recently, Claire's birthday was a cause worthy of a celebration. Cameron and his faithful assistant (or was it the other way around?), his dad, made us all a feast. Blow torch Prime Rib, Horseradish cream, Creamed Spinach, and even dessert, a banana bread pudding that would make you blush. Yummm! My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
What will be on the menu this week?