Tuesday, October 28, 2008

An apology of sorts

I was informed by Cameron that my last post was gross and people probably wouldn't find it as funny as I did. So, if you are like my husband and found my sense of humor disgusting, I apologize. But really, you didn't think it was funny? Could you not imagine me sitting on the couch trying not to move with white, slimy, spit up on my belly running down into my pants? :)

In anyways, Malone and I had a great day today. We had playgroup at my friend Melanie's house. Ahhh, its so good just to be able to hang out with some girls who understand where I am in life and who are going through many of the same things that I am. Plus, they are fun, funny and mighty purty... Malone was so excited to play with everyone that she skipped her morning nap and as soon as I put her in her carseat she shut her little eyes for some rest. She was so sweet.

When we got home she finished her nap and we got ready to go workout. Ever just feel like you NEED a workout? I rarely feel the NEED for a workout. More often I just do it because I feel like I should. But today I just felt like I needed to run a little. I dropped Malone off at the nursery (she was not super excited to say the least), turned on New Life's new Counting on God on my iPod and started running. It felt so good, all stress and all worries just melting away as I got refreshed physically and spiritually. If I was by myself, I would have sung along, but I decided to forego the crazy indicators. (By the way, have you ever been the only one at the gym not listening to music and all of a sudden you hear someone toot. And they look around to see if anyone noticed? Ha Ha ....sooooo funny... and yes, I am that immature that I laugh at tooting) Anyways, after my run I put my ear to the door of the nursery and immediately recognized Malone's screaming...at least I got 25 minutes, right?

Tonight, I am overwhelmed by how much I love being a mom. I don't know why. I just love what I get to do. I so treasure this time with Malone and wish I could freeze it in time. I love that I get to see her silly faces, I get to see her do new things, discover new sounds that she can make. I love the bathing, the feeding, even the dirty diapers....I am so blessed even when she spits up on me and cut my workouts short. I love it!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marelize, don't listen to Cameron. We all love reading your blog... It's fun! I'm glad you are meeting other baby mommas. Hope you have a great day!

Nick and Brittney said...

Oh I'm right there with ya on the spit up... I thought it was hilarious! Maybe because I can relate. :)